Wait! Don’t run away! Even if that doesn’t sound particularly appealing to you, I promise you that your holiday parties will have a guest or two with food allergies or a sensitive tummy who will thank you. Also, it’s really, REALLY good. I swear on Santa’s stockings.
Rather than using chemical sweeteners and overly-processed, brightly-coloured ingredients for this drink, instead allow the rich, indulgent flavours to come from more natural ingredients.
Okay, and I’m no grinch; if you want to add some delicious chemicals, I recommend the candy cane rimmer. So good!
Holiday Chocotini with Candy Cane GLITTER (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, and Low Sugar)
Ingredients (serves 5)
- Unsweetened baker’s chocolate, 1 bar
- Coconut milk, 2 cans
- Whipped cream vodka, 10oz (I used Pinnacle)
- Crushed candy canes, 1/4 cup (approximately 12 tiny candy canes)
- Using a food processor, pulverize candy canes to tiny, glitter-sized pieces and set aside
- In a saucepan, melt the baker’s chocolate, reserving 1 square for dressing the rim
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour in the 2 cans of coconut milk
- Whisk ingredients until combined and mixture is creamy
- Measure and pour in 10oz of vodka (2 shots per person)
- Simmer over lowest heat until warmed through
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining square of baker’s chocolate
- While, the chocolate is melting, spread the candy cane glitter across a small plate
- Gently turn the rim of your serving glasses into the melted chocolate until coated
- Press chocolate rim onto the candy cane glitter
Pour the warmed chocotini into the glitter-ized glasses. Serve with a fun paper straw!
It’s a rich drink and the flavoured vodka actually detracts from the bitterness of the chocolate. If you need added sweetness, stir in some of the candy cane glitter. This can also be chilled and served cold.