I drink my coffee black. This is partly because coffee is already delicious and partly because cream = error message. There are a few exceptions to this convention, of course. Sometimes the beans are over roasted, sometimes the grind wasn’t right for the brewing method, and sometimes it’s just a cheap blend from a bargain chain. Sometimes, it’s just nice to change things up.
My 5 favourite ways of jazzing up your morning cup are (in no particular order):
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the grounds when you brew. Fragrant and delicious.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Creamy and with a hint of vanilla, yes please!
- Vanilla sugar. The real stuff with the seeds and pod. Oh yeah.
- A squirt of hazelnut syrup. You can generally buy these from your favourite coffee bars and since a squirt (or even a half squirt) is all that’s needed, a bottle can go a long way.
- Make it Irish. What? Sometimes a shot of whiskey and some brown sugar are exactly what the doctor ordered.
Since we’re on the subject, here are some fun coffee infographics to help get you through to your next refill.