- Free blue promotional pen obtained from a conference. It has a highlighter on the end but the tip is too narrow to highlight a full 12pt font word in one stroke.
- Inky green felt-tip pen someone forgot in my office after we had a meeting.
- Mechanical pencil left in the desk from person who was in this office several years prior to my arrival. It’s on the last sliver of lead.
- Almost dried up dry-erase marker. I’m not sure where this came from. There is nary a white board in sight.
- Black sharpie so old that the marker tip is just a protruding ball of fuzz.
Don’t be sad for me though. I have a whole drawer full of new ballpoint pens. I’m just saving them. (They’re kind of boring.)