I moved to a new place on the weekend. It was the worst. The moving part, I mean. The place itself is pretty great if you can see past the piles of half unpacked boxes.
After four days of mostly non-stop cleaning/packing/unpacking/organizing, I was ready to kill for something sweet and comforting. Of course, my fridge was empty of anything that might satiate my cravings. So, I unpacked by baking box and worked some of the ol’ magic of desperation.
1. In a medium sized bowl mix the following:
- a couple scoops of flour
- a scoop of cocoa powder
- a couple spoonfuls of sugar
- a spoonful of baking powder
2. Once the dry ingredients are combined, pour in a splash of oil.
3. Beat in an egg.
4. Add a splash of water and mix until most of the big lumps are out.
It ends up being close to the consistency of brownie batter.
5. Pour into a muffin pan.
6. I had some coconut so I sprinkled some on top. This is optional, I guess.
7. Bake at 350 for around twenty minutes. Bounce test it to be sure.
The result was pretty edible. It was a bit like a cakey chocolate doughnut.
Would I serve it to the Queen? It depends on which queen, I guess. But probably not.
Would I serve it to my friends? Mostly no.
Would I make it again? In a moment of desperation, absolutely.